Welcome to my place!

Welcome to my online journal! I work really hard on it! Hope you like it! - C-Sunshine

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The LORD Is My Sheperd

Last Sunday our Deacon delivered a wonderful Homily. And I love all our deacons, because they make the sermons funny and meaningful, not just boring old Homily. He talked about how we are the sheep and the LORD is our Shepherd. And he talked about how the Shepherds in those days would lead all the sheep into a fold for the night, to be safe. Our Gospel talked about how Jesus is the fold. He protects us against robbers that might steel our souls and from wandering away from Him. He also told us about sheep. He said sheep were stupid. That they all follow one another. He said that he read a story that 600 sheep were grazing and one fell over a cliff. So the others followed. 200 died but the rest were okay because they fell on top of the 200. It is true, we are kind of stupid, in a way. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mean to insult anybody, but, we follow everything. We follow the trends, hair styles, makeup. We want to do what our friends are doing. We follow the wrong people. I read a book and it said that you have to control yourself or you will end up hurting yourself. Like, just because your friends are smoking, you shouldn't. If you think it is cool, then think again. It is not. I went to a Science field trip and the lung of a smoker is green and gross. Yuck.

Another example is our clothing. Yes, our clothing. We have to think about what is modest. Not the V-line dresses and the short shorts. We want to be the best, to look good.

So, next time you go shopping, think about what is pleasing to God, not the world. Think, " It is not about me, it is about Him!"

Psalm 23: 1-4

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment. Love, C